31090051

I stopped abruptly on a roundabout after traffic light changed

Customer Question

I stopped abruptly on a roundabout after traffic light changed from green to red. Car behind hit my rear bumper. Parking sensor light broken in my car while car behind hit me and sustained mild buckling of car bonnet and alledgedly damage to front fiberglass bumber, Do I bear responsibility to pay for costs of repair of other car or does other driver bear responsibility for driving into my car due to possibly driving too close or too fast to stop and avert collison. Currently other driver has said his cost of repair will be
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

The other driver is responsible. The law says he must drive in a way so as to be able to stop even if you have to execute an emergency stop.

Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.