12826847

My question is on behalf of my son and daughter in law - been

Customer Question

My question is on behalf of my son and daughter in law - been invited to an Interview Under Caution regards XXXXX XXXXX claim. They ( or I) have no idea what to do fo rthe best; have been unable to make contact with CAB so far, and unsure if they would get legal aid. Basically, they have failed to advise Council of all salary changes; not intentionally, they simply don't understand the requirements on them. She is bi-polar and has suffered from post-natal which has not helped their situation. What needs to be done ?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

I'm not sure what you mean by what needs to be done? Sorry if I'm missing the point.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what action do they need to take - efforts to find a solicitor who covers this type of action have so far not been fruitful. The local CAB is very difficult to access (phone or office). Should they attend the interview unattended, get a postponement or simply not attend ?

Have they got any defence to this action?

If so, what?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Apart from not understanding how Housing Benefit works (aged 21 and 20), mis-understanding a review letter which occurred at same time as a salary increase so believed it had been included in the revised payments (it hadn't !), suffering from bi-polar and post-natal depression resulting in being fairly chaoctic, possibly not. But certainly not guilty of deliberate attempt at fraud, and I don't believe she would cope well in the interview.

So, in short, she didn't report a change of circumstance?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, twice