my ex and i split up a month or so ago l brought her an

Customer Question

my ex and i split up a month or so ago

l brought her an engagment ring which l never gave to her, but when we started having troubles, l asked her to keep it safe and look at it while she thought things over about us, last night l went to her house to ask for it back, she refused saying she loves it and called the police, there is now P I N in place and l am not to contact her

how do l get the ring back l have the receipts and can prove that l brought it

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Why did you ask her to keep it safe? Did you ask her to marry you at all please?
JACUSTOMER-1m4qmfsh- :

no it was talked about but never asked with the ring being presented like that, l asked her to keep it safe as we were having troubles due to a 3rd person meddling, she asked for space and time to think about it so l asked her to keep it safe and look at it while thinking about things between us, as to remind her of the future we planned and everything we had talked about

Alex Watts : But why did you not keep it if you did not ask her? I do not understand why you gave her a ring which you did not intend her to keep?
JACUSTOMER-1m4qmfsh- :

i gave her the ring for safe keeping, and for her to look at while she thought about the things that we had talked about and our future, as an aid to show her how serious l was about her and our future, l did not propose as this trouble started before l could ask the question, it was an attemp by me for her to use it as amemory aid while thinking about things as the 3rd person was and still is trying her best to finish us off, well she succeeded on the us part but she is still meddling even now

Alex Watts : If you have her the ring to look after and not as a gift then you have a right to ask for it back.
Alex Watts : You really need because of the police warning, a solicitor to write and ask for it back.
Alex Watts : If she refuses then you need to issue proceedings in the county court.
Alex Watts : You need to complete form N1 and ask the court for an order that she delivers it up.
Alex Watts : The claim will be sent to her and she can defend it.
Alex Watts : It will be set down for a hearing and a judge will decide whether t grant an order making her delivery it up.
Alex Watts : If she refuses it could be contempt of court.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?