75100385

Hello I have just learned tat Lambeth Council will go ahead

Customer Question

I have just learned tat Lambeth Council will go ahead this Thursday with its plans to cut down a 25 m high tree directly behind my property which it is integral to my privacy and well being. The tree is projected to be a possible potential risk to the library next door but does not pose a risk now and in fact is in decline and its growth is slowing. It is the only large tree in a highly populated square in central London. The ombudsman has turned down our appeal but they do not consider the legality of the issue but rather whether the council followed procedures in making decisions. I now wish to get an emergency order against this removal based on the risk of future ground heave to my property when the enormous roots of this tree no longer soak up the water. This is a large risk according to studies I have and the tree is 3 m from my building. How can I get a court order to stop the removal until I make a formal application?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.