12826847

hi,I need a bit of advice on a situation that I find my

Customer Question

hi,

I need a bit of advice on a situation that I find my self in. in Nov 2008 I applied for a sage course with skill train and applied for a loan from career development. I remember I had to make some sort of payment whiles waiting for the approval on the loan which I did. it was about £70 or something, can't remember the exact figure. if I recall correctly the person came to my house and signed everything and made the payment. I never heard from them for a while I called a few times, didn't seem to get anywhere, so after a while I called them to say I wasn't interested in the course and loan any more because I was having medical issues. which was a mistake on my part, should have written. so after some months I had a letter from a debt collecting agency chasing me for payment and I said to them I had called to cancel everything but it looks like it was never dealt with so I sent a letter to them in may saying I had called to cancel and all that. I never heard from them until this year another debt collecting agency chasing me again. I took this case to the ombudsman and they have said to me that there have not seen any evidence that I had contacted the college and career development so I am liable. I feel that there is something that I can stand on to fight my case. I've heard people quoting something regarding late chasing of payments and all sorts. I was wondering if you can let me know what my chances are what I can do. I await your response

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

Did you actually receive the loan?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no it was not given to me. it was supposed to be paid to the college

Do you know if it was paid to the college?