12826847

I am due at court on the 6th of December for and indictable

Customer Question

I am due at court on the 6th of December for and indictable offence only ,Perverting the course of justice by providing false details to a police officer at the roadside, I have been told i will not be not be sentenced until my 2nd hearing at Crown Court. Is this Correct?

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Yes, that is probably correct.

You will attend the magistrates court on 6 December and the matter will be sent to the Crown Court for a preliminary hearing.

At the preliminary hearing you complete guilty but probably the judge will want a presentence report before sentencing you. That will lead to an adjournment for that take place and you will be sentenced on the 2nd date.

I do realise that probably you want this over with quickly but a report by probation, this offence, is likely to be in your interests in avoiding custody.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jo,

Many thanks for that,

Regarding the offence, is there a chance my solicitor could asked to get it reduced to "providing false Particulars" or is this unlikely?

There isn't an offence of providng false particulars but they might drop down to wasting police time or obstructing a police officer.