12826847

My wife and I recently moved we inherited with the property

Customer Question

My wife and I recently moved we inherited with the property with roof panels ( electricity photo voltayate ) which we knew the previous owner had them installed under the " rent a roof " scheme no problem really as we were informed we would get free electricity ! Or at least a small amount , the problem we have is we recently had our quarterly electric bill but doesn't show what free electic we had used or earnt due to our lovely summer I phoned our utility company who told us that it would be our pannel supplier who would or should provide such information , having asked our pannel supplier could they please tell us how much free electricity we had earned there reply is sorry but we don't provide such information so I asked again , and said if they sell it with the understanding the house holder would get free electricity should they not prove that the house holder does get free electricity , please can you help or advise ,I would be more than happy to provide any detailed information. ,
Kind regards XXXXX XXXXX

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I would like to know are they legally bound to provide the information we would like

I'm not sure that I can give you any good news really.

You are certainly entitled to an itemised bill of your consumption of electricity but that is because you are being charged for it and so entitled reasonably to inspect it.

The difficulty here is that you are really asking for a breakdown of utilities for which you are not being charged and I'm not sure that I can see immediately any basis to do that.

If you agreed it under the contract then obviously they would be under an obligation to provide that but I'm not sure that's what you are describing.

You can always complain are to the ombudsman if you are getting nowhere with firm and they may give in in the interests of good business.

I'm very sorry but that's your position I'm afraid.