75100385

i have abtained a county court judgement against a car dealer

i have abtained a county court judgement against a car dealer i instructed the high court sheriff to enforce this judgement on attending the dealership the sheriff were told the business had closed and opened up under a new name i have court date set for january as the new owners are disputing this but its the same company only with a new name please what are my options in regards XXXXX XXXXX matter.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Which country are you in and which country is the dealer in please?

Customer:

both in london

Customer:

both in london england

Alex Watts :

Was it Limited or a partnership/sole trader please?

Customer:

It was a limited company.

Alex Watts :

Its bad news I am afriaid.

Alex Watts :

All you can do is complain to the Office of Fair Trading and Companies House.

Alex Watts :

This is because you have a CCJ in the name of a Limited Company. This Limited Company is a legal entity.

Alex Watts :

You can not sue a different Limited Company as you have no contract and any claim would fail.

Alex Watts :

Therefore sadly all you can do is complain to the authorities who may or may not take action

Alex Watts :

But these are:

Alex Watts :

1) Office of Fair Trading

Alex Watts :

2) Companies House

Alex Watts :

I am sorry that this will not be the answer you want and it is certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Alex Watts :