75100385

Had new double glazed windows fitted and i still have condensation

Had new double glazed windows fitted and i still have condensation in the bedrooms they have told me that i have inadequate ventilation, inadequate heating, inadequate insulation or a combination of these. How do i find out where the problem is? I have wall and loft insulation too. I don't see the point of me changing my windows to have the same amount of condensation on my windows which is causing mould in one of the bedrooms already. Help on how to resolve my problem

Mel

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Have you had a professional survey done please?
Customer:

No, the window company SafeStyle replaced all my windows end of April 2013. I explained to the representative that I had a lot of condensation on my old windows and would new windows stop the condensation he said yes. He also said that trickle vents were not worth putting in as it would be draughty. When I called the company they said they would send and engineer out but if it is my fault I would have to pay £70. Meaning if i did not ventilate my house, I have windows opened every day and upstairs is well ventilated in the day time. I then rang the representative who said that the company was wrong and should resolve the problem, but I have not heard anything from them and he does not answer my calls any more!!! I really need to know what to do. Thank you.

Alex Watts :

What you need to do is get a professional survey done by an independent expert. This will tell you what is wrong.

Alex Watts :

If the glazing company did the install and it was not adequate in that they failed to make sure you had ventallation then they may be in breach of contract because they have failed to act with all reasonable skill and care in pursuant of Section 13 of the Sale and Supply of Goods and Services Act.

Alex Watts :

You would then need to get a number of quotes to do the work and send them to the glazing company and ask that they either do it (together with a copy of the report) or pay for it.

Alex Watts :

If they refuse then you can issue proceedings for breach of contract which can either be done online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue the claim which will be sent to the glazing company who will have a limited time to defend it, if not then you can enter Judgment and enforce it.

Alex Watts :

If the matter is defended then it will be set down for a hearing.

Alex Watts :

You can then show the Judge the surveyor report saying about the ventilation

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Ok. Thank you for your prompt answer. I guess that will be a lot more expenses for me to pay. Companies just seem to take advantage of people and get away with it.

Customer:

Thanks Again.

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/