Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor with more than 30 years experience
18726264

In 2009 I made a will with Wills and Trusts, Burton Waters

Customer Question

In 2009 I made a will with Wills and Trusts, Burton Waters Lincoln. I also arranged to put my daughter on the ddeds of my property. This was done with Mr Daniel R Pudney. The ddeds were registered with Land Registry. I have documentation for this. I agreed with Mr Pudney for life storage of my ddeds. Considering the sale of my property I have tried to get hold of my deeds without success. I know that the property iregistered so that's OK, but I want the return of my deeds. I cannot make contact with Mr Pudney. I got a background report from background report.com. I have tried e mail, phoning all to no avail. Can you tell me what else I can do please?

Jessie Worland
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 3 years ago.
Hi I assume that this person was not a solicitor and you got no joy from report.com.

I am sorry to say that there may be very little you can do about this unless you can trace this man or the organisation he worked for. If you put deeds with someone who is not regulated then there is noone to have recourse against. If is was a solicitor or a bank then it would be possible to trace them and what happened to documents but independent will writes were not regulated .

Do you have no idea of the physical location of the deeds?

If the land is registered then as you say you can get a duplicate of any registered documents and the old deeds themselves are not relevant to title albeit they may be of interest. It should not stop a sale.
This person seems to still be in business - although his previous company was dissolved this ( see link) appears to be Mr Pudney - he is a director of DP legal

https://twitter.com/DPLegalLTD
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi You seem to have posted a blank response? Is that a system error or did you mean to ?