75100385

Dear Sir / Madam. My company took an amex payment for £2328.88

Dear Sir / Madam.
My company took an amex payment for £2328.88 on the 25 / 10 / 13. and we still haven't been paid yet, apparently because we haven't taken amex for a long period of time are account was on hold, we have since opened a new account with amex, reprogrammed are streamline machine, phoned amex over 20 times about this payment only to be told its on its way to our account, for now over two weeks since re opening everything as asked, and guess what, nothing. surely this is not allowed, will we ever be paid, and what about some kind of compensation for all are time trying to resolve this issue with what i can only describe as, A useless unhelpful, uncaring company, who are obviously above the law. please help !!!
KR...Michael Beal. Company Director. JMB HORSEPOWER ( UK ) LTD

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Is there anything in the terms and conditions that states that you must send x amount of transactions a month/year?

Customer:

no

Alex Watts : In that case you should write to Amex and ask for payment within 14 days because nowhere in their terms is a usage clause and unless they pay you will issue proceedings. Make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy.
Alex Watts : If they refuse or fail to pay then you can issue proceedings in the county court. You can do this online at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form n1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local county court.
Alex Watts : You can also claim interest and compensation pursuant to the late payment of commercial debts (interest) act
Alex Watts : the court will issue the claim and Amex are likely to pay when they get it
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything else for you today please?
Alex Watts : I should add the court will issue the claim and they will be sent a copy to which they have a limited time to defend, if not you can enter judgment and enforce it
Alex Watts : If it is defended it will be set down for a hearing. Given the value it would be a small claim and you will not need representation.
Alex Watts : However when you issue proceedings because of time limits, they are likely to pay you plus the issue costs
Alex Watts :

I see you have rated BAD SERVICE - I have given you the legal answer and what you need to do to resolve it.

Alex Watts :

How else can I help you?

Alex Watts :

I want to make sure that you are delighted with my service and that is my goal today