Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

I have a personal injury case in Northern Ireland, it went

Customer Question

I have a personal injury case in Northern Ireland, it went to court after many years. The judge said that although no doubt to an jury and consequential disability but that she could not determine liability and dismissed the case. I was injured by a cage striking me, whilst at work, on work premises and doing a job that I was not employed or trained to do. the judge focused her decision on the conflicting evidence from 2 engineers, the first was my engineer, he stated the floor was sloped and the cage had rolled, he provided floor slopping measurements, pictures of the slope and his opinion. The second engineer was for the defence, he stated only his conflicting opinion and provided no supporting evidence, only that from sight he could determine that the floor was not sloped. 2 defence witnesses were not called and we were not given opportunity to cross examine. The defence could not supply the incident report or pictures taken at the time of the accident stating they had been misplaced. Also medical evidence was not unto date. I felt the judge was unfair to concentrate her decision on this alone and very unfair to dismiss. I need legal aid to continue with appeal but need to put forward merits to strengthen my case for legal aid to be granted. Can anyone tell me of any point of fact or law that would strengthen my case and allow appeal and legal aid to be granted.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

You have listed this in UK Law, I am an English lawyer and can help you to a certain extent as the law and procedure is roughly the same - is that ok?

JACUSTOMER-e0hee5ly- : Yes, but it is in Northern Ireland and so I do need Northern Ireland specific law advise as this can sometimes differ from uk.
Alex Watts :

Ok - I that this is transferred for you. Please do not reply as it comes back to my Inbox. Another expert will be along shortly.

JACUSTOMER-e0hee5ly- : Hello I am waiting on reply, sorry to bother you, when should I expect a reply, thank you
Alex Watts :

Yes. It does take an hour or so for the moderator to move it. But you will get a reply.

JACUSTOMER-e0hee5ly- : Sorry to bother you, I am still waiting on rely, do you know when I should expect a reply, thank you
Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-e0hee5ly- : Sorry to bother you, do you know when I will get a reply, thank you
Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-e0hee5ly- : I am waiting on reply, do you know when I will receive a reply.
JACUSTOMER-e0hee5ly- : I am waiting on reply, do you know when I will receive a reply
JACUSTOMER-e0hee5ly- : Sorry just received your message, thank you
Alex Watts :

Welcome.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry to bother you again, but I still have not heard anything and the system has logged me out , hence I am sending message through more info window. It seems to think my question has been answered. Could you please relog the question. Many Thanks, Emma
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
My question was never answered can I please have an answer
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I fully appreciate you trying to get me an answer. However I have not been satisfied with an answer to my question, therefore please refund my money of £47, as I am entitled to full refund as no guaranteed satisfied answer provided. Please can you ensure that I am also withdrawn from subscription, I have no further questions. I wish to cancel and end my subscription.

Emma