29905560

I currently work 30 hours per week as an Office Manager. I

Customer Question

I currently work 30 hours per week as an Office Manager. I have requested time off (I havent given a return to work date) without pay commencing 1 January 2014 to spend time with my husband who is suffering from a brain tumour which is stable at present. DVLA have withdrawn his driving licence so he is unable to drive and I have to take him to many hospital appointments. I offered that I would still call into the office to continue certain of my duties as and when I could.
With working nearly full time, and looking after him I am finding it difficult to cope and I feel I need a break so we can spend time together. My employer originally agreed that I could take the time off but has now changed his mind saying that a temp couldnt cover my job and it would cause disruption with my absence. I feel that I have little option other than to resign - what are my options?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

What would the ideal outcome here be - a long period off work, or just a reduction of your current hours?