12826847

My seventeen year old son has been arrested he had someone

Customer Question

My seventeen year old son has been arrested he had someone else driving licence which was taken from a car. Son was given licence from so called friend !! What will happen to him I am waiting at home for a phone call so I can join him when they interview him don't know what time.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What will happen it he did have something to do with taking the licence from the car. I have never had anything to do with the police before.

Obviously I will have no way of knowing what will happen in this specific case.

Certainly they will interview him and they may him for CPS advice. It depends what they are alleging.

They won't have evidence that he was involved in the removal of the original licence but they could charge this as a handling or use of a false instrument. It depends whether there is evidence that he did use it or just that he had it on him.

Unless they are going to find his prints and DNA on the car from which this licence was taken its quite unlikely that they would charge him with anything relating to that.

If its just handling then they will bail him either to go back to the police station or to go to court. Its not likely that he would be remanded on a first offence.

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’