29905560

Hi , I am in catering and have just been given a contract,

Hi , I am in catering and have just been given a contract, which does not say what was said in a interview i.e., bonus tips wrong job disruption and shares in the company should I sign this contract or ask them why they have not put these details in
many thanks

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Have you just started with this company?

I am just on my way home, i will answer fully on my return, within 30mins or so, thanks

Customer:

yes I have just started they approached me to join the company in a new venture

Customer:

and I am worried that they are just using my expertise and not going to pay for this

Customer:

as I have been in this position before and I did not have a contract so I just want to be sure , or at least tell me what I should ask them tomorrow

Customer:

thanks

Ben Jones :

Thanks for your patience. Are you a employee or self employed?

Customer:

EMPLOYEE

Ben Jones :

The contract is one of the most important parts of an employment relationship because it contains all major terms under which you are employed. If something is not in the contract then it would be much easier to challenge due to its uncertainty. So if you were specifically promised certain benefits like bonus, tips, etc you really should push for them to be included in the contract, otherwise the employer could argue they were never agreed and in the absence of any concrete evidence you will find it hard to challenge them. Same applies with the job description - if you sig something with the wrong description you may find yourself doing a job you never agreed to do.

Customer:

I have trusted people in the past but now I am really care full , as I do have a great track record with successful ventures I have open in the past and I don't want to get on board if they think I can be bought cheaply

Customer:

I will sit down with them tomorrow and ask them to look at there contract and change it

Ben Jones :

yes certainly do not just accept a vague contract, it can easily come back to bite you

Customer:

I am sure they mean good but its cost me money in the past

Customer:

and I want to be sure they understand me and I understand them

Ben Jones :

they may do but if a dispute arises in the future you will be on the losing end of it

Customer:

thanks for you

Ben Jones :

You are most welcome. Please take a second to leave a positive rating for the advice I have provided as that is an important part of our process. Thank you and all the best