29905560

recently 2 redundancies were announced out of 6 employees (all

recently 2 redundancies were announced out of 6 employees (all in contract management) the 2 redundancies were taken by 2 employees as voluntary. during this period i have decided to leave the company but never requested redundancy on the basis the 2 redundancy places had already gone. Anyway one of the guys who had requested voluntary has just retracted his request for voluntarily and i have requested this package, i have been told the 2nd redundancy is now not available on the basis they are now looking to recruit because the forecast value has recently increased (i do not believe this is secured works just guestimated on works that are being tendered for), do i have a case? and if so what do i need to do to argue my case

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there for?

I am just on my way home so will answer this fully on my return, within half an hour or so, thanks

Customer:

23 years Ben

Ben Jones :

Thanks for your patience. Unfortunately there is nothing in law you can rely on to force the employer to grant you your request for redundancy. The employer had openings for VR and those were granted to other employees. Even if one of these had decided to retract their request that does not mean that the employer has to proceed wit it and find a replacement. Even if they did, they do not have to choose you for it just because you are willing to leave. The final decision rests with the employer and they are free to withdraw the vacancy for R or grant it to someone else, just asmuch as they can accept your request. Unless you have been refused this opportunity due to a discriminatory reason, such as age, gender, race, religion, etc the employer would not be acting unlawfully and you do not have a legal leg to stand on to ensure they accept your request

Customer:

Well this has answered my question Ben so many thanks for being open & honest, much appreciated

Ben Jones :

You are most welcome and sorry it was not the answer you were hoping for but keep negotiating with the employer. Please take a second to leave a positive rating for the advice I have provided as that is an important part of our process. Thank you and all the best

Customer:

yes thanks Ben i will leave a positive rating for your advise, Many thanks