12826847

If I am given a front door key by a neighbour , does that make

Customer Question

If I am given a front door key by a neighbour , does that make me responsible for ant aspect of his life or affairs ?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Is there any reason you think it might?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am suspicious that there may be a planned frawed - man concerned is no very open.

Don't get involved in this then. If you have a feeling like that then you are probably not far from the truth. If you distrust a person for this reason then put some distance between yourself and him. There are far too many people who use the police and other agencies as another limb of the welfare state.

I can tell you that you do not become liable for his affairs just because you have his door key but obviously you are vulnerable to allegations that you've been gaining entry and potentially offending whilst inside.

If you are concerned that you are dealing with a vexatious accuser then run for the hills and give him his key back. Dont' place yourself at risk.

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’