75100385

I have a very small budget of £100.00 and need to get my websites

Customer Question

I have a very small budget of £100.00 and need to get my websites Terms and Conditions, Privacy Policy and Accessibility statement completed, Where would i be able to get this done!

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : http://www.simply-docs.co.uk/
Alex Watts : You have different access levels and it is a most excellent resource.
Alex Watts : I hope this helps.
Alex Watts : £35 plus Vat
JACUSTOMER-friu6bmi- :

Hi Alex,

JACUSTOMER-friu6bmi- :

I have looked at this options but I'm unsure if it will protect me fully

Alex Watts :

You asked where could you get this done - I have said Simply Docs.

Alex Watts :

If you want to pay a lawyer £150 per hour, it may take around 5 hours work to get a document that protects you fully.

Alex Watts :

Sadly you want to do this on a very cheap budget and therefore it may be that you use a template but this may not fully protect you.

Alex Watts :

But if you are unwilling to make the investment of at least £500 in legal services to get this done thoroughly then you have a choice, either to go cheaper and may not be fully protected or pay far more and make sure you are fully protected.

JACUSTOMER-friu6bmi- :

well surely there is a law firm out there that is understanding about a new and upcoming website

Alex Watts :

But that is going to cost you more than £100

JACUSTOMER-friu6bmi- :

why does prices have to be so expensive

Alex Watts :

It will take 5 hours work and no lawyer is going to do it for £20 an hour.

Alex Watts :

It is supply and demand - market forces/

Alex Watts :

That is why I suggested a template website.

Alex Watts :

They are very good and do quite good template documents.

Alex Watts :

May not be exactly to your needs but provide a huge resource.

Alex Watts :

I am sure you are not asking me to draft it for you for the £15 fee paid?

JACUSTOMER-friu6bmi- :

i would happy go for a template but i don't want it to be taken to court for not having the correct information

Alex Watts :

Then you have a choice

Alex Watts :

1) Spend £500 and get a custom made one

Alex Watts :

2) Spent £35 and use a template

Alex Watts :

That is the legal answer to your question you have asked.

Alex Watts :

You asked - where can I get this done for less than £100

Alex Watts :

I provided the resource for you.

JACUSTOMER-friu6bmi- :

the legal answer you provided i already knew and wanted to see if there was any law firms that would do it for alot lower price

Alex Watts :

I am sorry it is the answer you knew but you did not sadly specify in your question except for the website mentioned. Sadly it just would not be ecomonical for a law firm to interview you, spend time considering your instructions and then 5 hours or so drafting the documents, meeting with you again, making amendments as you request and then providing the final draft, all for £100

JACUSTOMER-friu6bmi- :

its a shame there is not a law firm that helps starting business in the field

Alex Watts :

True, but that is where there may be a gap in the market.

Alex Watts :

I agree, there should be law firms that are not allowed to charge much for work.

Alex Watts :

But sadly that is not the environment in which we live

Alex Watts :

That is why I have suggested Simply Docs because they are very good

Alex Watts :

You could, of course, download those documents and ask a lawyer to amend it to your needs.

Alex Watts :

But you are still looking at around 3 hours work

Alex Watts :

1 hour per document

Alex Watts :

Which is not unreasonable

JACUSTOMER-friu6bmi- :

are there any law firms that charge within reason

Alex Watts :

I do not have knowledge of all firms within the UK.

Alex Watts :

This site is for question and answers to legal problems. I do not know the prices of what all UK firms charge.

Alex Watts :

But you could try someone such as the Co-Op who provide legal services#

JACUSTOMER-friu6bmi- :

is there a law firm that charged per month for there services?

Alex Watts :

In the UK, no

Alex Watts :

Can I help you further? I would invite you to reconsider the feedback.

Alex Watts :

Bear in mind you are rating my service to you today, not whether or not it was the answer you wanted.

Alex Watts :

I would be only too pleased to answer any further questions you have