75100385

Do you still owe rent after being evicted?

Customer Question

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Do you mean arrears or future rent? Was judgment given for the arrears in the possession order please?
JACUSTOMER-vw0d862y- : Yes the arrears.
JACUSTOMER-vw0d862y- : yes it's the arrears.
JACUSTOMER-vw0d862y- : Yes it's the arrears. I don't any arrears being in the possession order
Alex Watts :

You only owe if there was a possession order which stated a sum of the arrears.

Alex Watts :

It would normally say:

Alex Watts :

1) The Defendant do give up possession of xxxx by xxxx date

Alex Watts :

2) The Defendant pay the arrears of £xxx and costs of £100 by xxx datte

Alex Watts :

If it does not say that then you do not owe it.

Alex Watts :

JACUSTOMER-vw0d862y- : Ok that's fine I don't belive the possession order said anything about me paying court costs or the arrears
Alex Watts :

If it does not then you are ok.

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/