Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

hi just gone to part exchange my car the dealer has informed

Customer Question

hi just gone to part exchange my car the dealer has informed me that a finance company has a financial interest in the car i have done a hpi check and it has come back clear i also have the log book which was sent to me at the end of the lease agreement and a copy of the agreement i have spoken to the person from the finance company and they want my bank statements for proof of payment what i want to know is the deal i have with the dealer for the price of my car is to the end of the month if i loose money on the car after the end of the month can i charge the finance company the difference and also storage until it is sorted
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

Could you kindly clarify - you say you have carried out an HPI check and it has come back clear. Do you mean by this there is no financial marker against the car in favour of the finance company please?

JACUSTOMER-yet8db9x- :

Hello and thank you for getting back to me - the HPI check has a section entitled 'Outstanding Finance' alongside that they have put:

JACUSTOMER-yet8db9x- :

We have no record of this registration having outstanding finance

Joshua :

Thanks. on that basis, what leads the dealer to the conclusion that there is outstanding finance on the vehicle? Have you asked to produce documentation to support his assertion?

JACUSTOMER-yet8db9x- :

Hello No I haven't asked them to produce documentation I will do this now

JACUSTOMER-yet8db9x- :

Can I ask how many times or for how long am I able to come back to you before having to pay again?

Joshua :

Thanks for your response. There is no additional charge for this exchange. Unless you have signed up to a subscription there is a one of fee for asking the above question and that is it. Have you had any response from the dealer to date?

JACUSTOMER-yet8db9x- :

Thank you for getting back to me - No I haven't hadn't to date they have acknowledged my request and said it is being dealt with

JACUSTOMER-yet8db9x- :

Joshua - I received a reply on Monday but unfortunately I have been away so I have only just picked it up - I cannot for some reason attach the document to this should I be able to?

JACUSTOMER-yet8db9x- :

Joshua - sorry to chase but I wonder if you could get back to me - Many thanks

JACUSTOMER-yet8db9x- :

Joshua - are you able to get back to me

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.

I apologise that you've been kept waiting for so long. I've been working hard to find another Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would have preferred to continue with the same person (Joshua) is that not possible?

Kind Regards

I understand but it seems that Joshua is currently away. I will try to send a reminder, though.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Nicola

Many thanks for that will my 30 days that I have just paid for run while he is away or will it be frozen until his return

You will not have to pay again and Joshua will be able to come back to answer the question. I have to be honest though and say I don't know when he will be back, so please let me know if at any point you would like me to try to find another Professional.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Nicola

I will leave it another week and if he is not back probably ask you to find someone else but at the moment I will wait

OK, we will do that.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nicola

Just wondering if there was any news on Joshua?

Kind Regards

I think he is back now. I have contacted him to say that you would like him to follow up with you.

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Firstly please would you accept my sincere apologies for the length of delay in reverting to you. I have been away from this service for an extended period.

I apprciate you may no longer require any assistance with this given the time elapsed. If I can continue to assist I would be very please to. Would you let me know if I can?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I would like to continue - as per my last message to you I find I am unable to attach documents to this to send you that you suggested we obtained do you have an ordinary e-mail address or something through which I can send them to you

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I would like to continue - as per my message above I have been unable to attach the documents to show you - do you have an e-mail address or something I can send them to

Kind Regards

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
You can email documents over using via customer services using the help link at the bootom of the page. However I would be confident we can resolve this without my having sight of documents as the above is likely to be straightforward.

From what you say you have carried out an HPI check which has no finance markers. A dealer has informed you that the car has outstanding finance. Has the dealer produced any documentation to affirm their suggestion?
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Would you like to continue with the above?