12826847

I changed my broadband and telephone in july 2013 from Tesco

Customer Question

I changed my broadband and telephone in july 2013 from Tesco to Virgin. I phoned Tesco and told them and was told by Virgin that they would also contact Tesco to take my existing phone number so that i could continue using it.
Tesco are saying that they were not contacted by myself or Virgin and are claiming that i owe them money until October2013. I have been sent a letter by debt collectors and have produced to them and Tesco a copy of my Virgin contract and first bill, which dates from July. How can Tesco and Virgin both be charging me for the same period for the same line?

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

How much notice did you give to the old provider please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did not give any advance notice. It was a spur of the moment decision and I was fed up with the slowness of the broadband.

Sorry if I;m missing the point then but on what basis are you hoping to contest this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i do not wish to carry on with this . Its too stressful and i am going to pay them although i dont really think that i am liable. i want no further contact. thank you.

Ok.

All the best.