29905560

I have been scammed by timeshare company. A company called

I have been scammed by timeshare company. A company called Swiftrelease contacted me and said they would claim back the money on my behalf. They have asked for an upfront payment of £2317.67 to proceed with the claim. Nationwide Building Society have told me that it is very unusual for a reputable company to do this. Do you know of this company and is it safe to pay out this amount?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

I will check to see if there is anything on them but I can tell you straight away that it is indeed very unusual for a reputable company to do this and ask for a payment in advance. This is usually a follow up scam to the original one. Most likely this new company offering you a chance to recoup your losses is either run by the same fraudsters that scammed you the first time round or they have passed your details on to some of their fraudster colleagues. That is how they know that you have lost money and have got your contact details - they know you will be in a desperate situation to recover your losses and will prey onthat

Ben Jones :

hoping that you pay them in the hope of getting some of that money back, but almost certainly you will just end up being scammed again

Customer:

I have been scammed by a timeshare company. A company called Swiftrelease contacted me and said they would claim back the money on my behalf. They have asked for an upfront payment of 32317.67 to proceed with the claim. I have been told ths is unusual for a reputable company to do this. Do you know of the company and is it safe to pay them?

Ben Jones :

any further details on them, contact details, website, etc?

Customer:

Website is WWW Swiftreleaseclaims.co.uk

Ben Jones :

who scammed you in the first place?

Customer:

That's not relevant. It was an obvious scam as I havent heard from them for almost a year. Swiftrelease say they can get bback the money I paid this Spanish company. I just want to know if they are reputable, if they will do as they claim and if I should pay the upfront fee.

Ben Jones :

they have been flagged up on the Mindtiomeshare site:

http://mindtimeshare.me/2013/09/23/did-you-receive-an-email-or-letter-from-swift-release-claims/

They do appear to be a very new company which has only been around for 4 months and as such there is almost nothing on them. Due to the fact they ask for fees in advance I would strongly recommend you do not deal with them because the risks of this being another scam are far too great

Customer:

If I did pay them by credit card and I didn't hear from them again, would I be able to claim back this amount from Nationwide?

Ben Jones :

if you paid by credit card then the card company will be jointly responsible if this was a scam so you can submit what is known as a section 75 claim with them - they will know what this is and will tell you what you need to do to claim

Ben Jones :

I see you are trying to exit chat - has your original query been answered or do you need me to clarify anything before I close this at my end?

Customer:

No that is fine thank you

Ben Jones :

Great, hope you resolve this to your satisfaction