12826847

i have a restraining order in place against somebody that was

Customer Question

i have a restraining order in place against somebody that was convicted of assault by beating (me) the order says no direct or indirect contact, but now this man has started drinking in the pub I have been using for 15 years, he has never used the pub before he sits stares and leaves the minute I do, is that a breach?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this. Does he try and talk to you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

he does not talk, he has breached before and is now being very careful he sits and looks, its a small public house and on average has about 6 clients in it,

I'm afraid that would not amount to a breach.

Restraining orders do not govern default meetings unless there is a clear condition not to be in a certain location.

If he tried to approach you then that would be a breach but just meeting by accident is not sufficient I'm afraid.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.
Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’