Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

My son was indiscussion with a freind years ago when the freinds

My son was indiscussion with a freind years ago when the freinds business went down. My son verbally suggested that he wold help him start up something and later I entered the scene and used my company of 23 years which was dormant to start up a business. Now the pal is looking to take half of my company and wants me out. Is there anyneed to concern ourselves about the verbal agreement in law
Expert:  Joshua replied 4 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

Could you clarify exactly what the arrangement was between you and the friend with your company please?

Customer: My friend had a company that was stopped from trading. I worked a s a contractor for him. I had no connection with the new company other than I said we would share in it. However the new company we discussed was dropped in favour of a company that my father had operated for 23 years with a clean bill of health and this company wa dormant for a year. My dad then activated it funded it and we three built a business similar to that which my pal and I were in. The owners of my dad's company were mum and dad there were and are no other shares or owners
Customer: this new operation has entered its third year and after much funding by my dad my pay is threatening with texts and calls etc for me to give him half of the company as we discussed in the pub when he and I were out of work
Customer: the new operation is still the mum and dad ownership