29905560

I wish to terminate my timeshare with Resort solutions the

I wish to terminate my timeshare with Resort solutions the contract is registered in the IOM .please advise on where I stand on this matter

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

Disposing of a timeshare or holiday club membership is an extremely difficult process these days, mainly because supply is much greater than demand. Additionally, the terms of the agreements do not provide much flexibility in terms of cancellation.

Ben Jones :

The following are the only ways of trying to dispose of a timeshare:

1. Sell to another consumer – this is rather difficult as there simply aren’t many people interested in buying them. Additionally, there are many scams operating at present that claim to have found a buyer and then take money in advance for fees, taxes, etc, only to disappear and leave the seller in further financial trouble.

2. Return the ownership to the resort - some resorts offer an exit programme for their members. However, you need to check with your resort to see if this is something that they can do as the terms will depend entirely on them.

3. Walk away from the membership – by stopping payments and ignoring any requests for further payments. However, this is somewhat risky because some resorts have taken non-paying members to court. Still, not every resort does that so it is worth doing further research to see if yours is a resort that has taken legal action in the past.

4. Claiming misrepresentation or breach of contract - and trying to cancel the contract that way. If you were promised certain things that have not materialised or the resort has acted in breach of the terms of the agreement you could try and cancel the contract by arguing it is now void due to this. However, that will not always succeed, especially if the alleged breach is not serious enough and again opens you up to potential legal action.

Customer:

how do I find out if resort solutions have taken anyone to court for non payment off fees.

Ben Jones :

well you can see they appear on a list here:

Ben Jones :

I see you are trying to exit chat - has your original query been answered or do you need me to clarify anything before I close this at my end?

Customer:

my company is on the list looks like my only option is to risk non payment of annual fee,

Ben Jones :

yes, if no one is willing to buy it, it may come down to you refusing to pay the annual fee and then facing any potential consequences - they have taken people to court before soi it may happen to you too I'm afraid

Ben Jones :

has that answered your question?

Ben Jones :

Hello?

Customer:

yes

Ben Jones :

sorry I thought you left chat, just checking if this has answered your question or if you need anything else from me

Customer:

OK question answered thank,

Ben Jones :

ok thanks, XXXXX XXXXX resolve this to your satisfaction