13262538

my husband applied for a divorce in January 2013. We had a

Customer Question

my husband applied for a divorce in January 2013. We had a decree nisi on 24th may. He did not apply for the absolute so I did. Court hearing on Monday. He states he knows nothing about this but I am attending. Can the judge grant the decree absolute in his absence?
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
has he moved address since filing the Divorce Petition
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

am not sure but he states that his solicitor has spoken to him and knows nothing about the hearing. They have made a couple of attempts to ask for money from me but no court case has been started

That's fine
Yes the Decree Absolute can still be granted if he is not there
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details