UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

My American daughter in laws application is on hold until my

My American daughter in laws application is on hold until my son has a full years accounts he is self employed that is the only hold up would they be better to withdraw that application and apply for a six months visitors visa for that would mean they could be together until end of tax year in April and then reapply when he has the necessary tax certificate ?
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Please remember to rate my service so I am credited for my time.

Yes that would be the best option, this is because although he may have all the documents required at the end of the tax year, he would need to show that he had the income for the whole year at the time of application. If she is unable to show this then he is better of withdrawing the application and submitting the application again with the whole years tax documentation include.

What the home office look at is the evidence in front of them at the time of application, any subsequent evidence submitting can only be to clarify the documents already submitted, they cannot be fresh documents ie a further tax papers regarding post decision.

In the mean time she is able to apply to come to the UK on a visitors visa.

I hope this answers your question, if so kindly rate my answer positively. If however, you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question, please DO NOT rate my answer negatively, I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have been told by cab that as she has already tried to come over here they would probably refuse her in case she did not return although she has already been over once for six months and returned home on time. It's so easy to do the wrong thing .we would like to get papers back and start again if possible and have her over here until the papers are in order
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

Yes in that case you need to write to the home office state that you are withdrawing the application and then she can travel to the uk obtain the required documents and return to the USA to reapply, this would be the quickest option for her to arrive back to the UK on a spouse visa.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience: I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for that. So let me get this right My son is in the states with his wife at present for their wedding anniversary so they can write to the home office requesting the papers and her passport back. When they have them they can then apply for a visitors 6 months visa for her to come over here. By the end of that time they will have the necessary documentation and she will return to the states and reapply. Is that correct ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Uk lawyer
So let me get this right we have to ask for her papers back and then apply for a visitors visor for six months until he has got all the papers .do we need to use a barrister to apply for this visor or can we do it ourselves?last time we used a firm in London and it cost us over two thousand pounds and the same this last time wich is a lot of money . If we can do it ourselves how do we go about it and where do we apply? Thank you
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

Yes, you can use a solicitor if you wish or apply yourself, please see following link :

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/general/apply/

The documents required are all on the above link. The fees that you were charged do seem extravagant.

I hope this answers your question.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

uk lawyer

hi thank you is this anything you would do or not and if so what would be the cost to us ?

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately we are unable to have customer contact outside of this website therefore I am unable to assist you or give you an idea of cost in respect of me undertaking this matter.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Uk lawyer , as you have said my daughter in law needs to withdraw her spouses visa application until my son has all the relevant paperwork how do we do this and what do we have to pay to get all documents back to her , passport etc
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

What you need to do is write and or email the home office stating that you wish to withdraw the application and would be grateful if the documentation could be returned. The home office will then send the documents out to the applicant.

I hope this clarifies the matter.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Uk lawyer.

Would we have to pay to have them returned and if so how much ? Thank you
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

No fee is required, you would of course loose your application fee.

I hope this answers your question.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Uk lawyer , I know the earnings threshold is £18600 at present with a court hearing waiting but is that gross or net ? Have we any idea when this hearing will be ? I suspect not and what are they wanting to alter it to ? Thank you
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

1. The threshold is £18,600 gross.

2. The Hearing is scheduled for March 2014 but the decision is due in April 2014.

3. If the home office's appeal is not refused then the threshold will be sent to around £13,000.00 ( this is an approximate figure for now).

I hope this answers your questions.