13262538

Hi there, I am in the middle of a divorce, we are almost there

Hi there,
I am in the middle of a divorce, we are almost there in terms of agreeing on financial and children matters. I have been receiving child maintenance payments from my ex since last March. I am looking to buy a house and exchange asap. However, the bank have just told me that, without 12 months child maintenance payments or a court order, I cannot get a mortgage. How long would it normally take to get a court order through thus satisfying the bank? I think my ex would cooperate, it is simply the timing of all the admin and court I'd like to be clear about to see whether my exchange date is realistic. Many thanks.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
When was/is the Decre Nisi?
How close is agreement on all the financial matters?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, the decree Nisi was several weeks ago and all financial matters are agreed (my ex is buying me out as long as he can get a sufficient mortgage - which he should hear about in the next few days). The only delay has been waiting to hear about mortgages, and ironing out a couple of childcare matters.

If the Financial issues are agreed then there is no reason why the Clean Break Consent Order cannot be drafted agreed and forwarded to the court for sealing without delay - and it is likely to be granted within a couple of weeks of submission - so about four weeks or so - if you both agree
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details