How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10660
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

My father passed a way 5 years a go he left No will. On the

This answer was rated:

My father passed a way 5 years a go he left No will. On the house deeds it was in his name only.
My Mother has made a will and has left the house to my brothrer. Am I intitle to any thing from my father's side.
Thak you.
Mr. A.Leone.


Hi Mr Leone,


Thanks for your enquiry.


If your Father did not leave a Will, then his Estate is distributed in accordance with the strict rules of Intestacy (the rules pertaining to where someone dies without making a Will).


Under these Rules, your Mother would have been entitled to the first £250,000 worth of your Father's assets, to include the property.


If his Estate, including the house were valued at over £250,000 then you and your brother are entitled to the following-


Your Mother receives the first £250,000. Any monies over this amount are distributed so your Mother receives a life interest in half of whatever is left over

  • The children receive the other half of the residue in equal shares.

    Therefore if your Father left £250,000 or less, you are not entitled to anything.


    I hope this has assisted you and answered your question.


    Please let me know if you require any further clarification.


    Kind Regards


    Aston Lawyer and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you