Good Morning, In June I signed up to do a course to change

Good Morning,

In June I signed up to do a course to change my career, I was accepted for a finance package and all seemed to be going well. However, on Thursday I received an email to advise me that the company had gone into administration.

They have shut one of the 3 training centres (tyically the one that I was supposed to be attending in January) and have advised me that my training will be held at another site (if they can accommodate me) until a buyer is bought for the company.

Where do I stand on the finance if this company 1) doesnt find a buyer, 2) if they can not accommodate me at one of the other sites?

Any information that you could provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Can I just clarify that this was finance taken out for the sole purpose of paying for this course? It was not a separate personal loan?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This was a finance package arranged with the company to pay for the course

In that case, in either of the circumstances you pose, you are not liable to pay.

If they cannot provide you with the course then you are not liable to pay for it. Its no more complicated than that really.

It would be different if this were a personal loan that you had taken out to pay. Then you would be liable to pay as they would have no responsibility to provide the course. This is a finance packaged arranged with the providing company. If they cannot supply the course then you cannot be made to pay for it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jo

Sadly that sounds to simple and im sure that this company will find some loophole that means that I am going to have to pay the whole £7,000 for a course that they can not provide.

At what point down the line can a credit agreement be terminated due to this company either going into administration and not finding a buyer, or just not being able to provide adequate training in the time frame provided?

It may sound too simple but it is the position and no court will find an alternative if the facts are as you say.

You do have to give them a reasonable period of time to find an alternative option for you though. Often people recommend 14 days although personally I think that is far too short. I would give them 28 days and then nobody can dispute that you have given them a reasonable period.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thats great, thank you for your help

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice