31090051

8 years ago we got a new back door and window cost around £2000

8 years ago we got a new back door and window cost around £2000 the builder then did not issue an invoice but he said the way he did it was if i signed this document he would not be in touch with me again to recover the money due and would charge interest on it.we lost this and had no information on the company to get in touch to settle.i am worried that i will get a bill for thousands my partner says not to worry but its the one thing that i do worry about its a demon that keeps rearing its ugly head and I'm scared i lose everything I've worked so hard for over the years .
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

Under the law of Scotland, if the debt has not been acknowledged or claimed for five years it becomes time barred. So you are unlikely to be troubled by this if I have understood you narrative correctly.

Happy to discuss further.

Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.