12826847

hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX month a go i rented a three

Customer Question

hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX month a go i rented a three bedroom house and it was to be ready on the 1st of november.but the property wasn't ready until the second.i was about to move into the property and i realized the place wasn't refurbished properly.the widow of the living room wasn't closing, broXXXXX XXXXXrobes and drawers well left in the rooms the whole room was covered with insects and bins were left all over the house.. in all i paid 2400 pounds to this agency for a proper work to be done on the property but due to the unfavourable condition i couldn't move into the property because i was moving with a pregnant wife and a two year old son and the condition of the place was not good for their health and safety. we have terminated the contract but up till today they haven't paid my money back. called them several times and been to their office several times but it seems they are not willing to pay me back my money. i have got picture evidence of the state of the place when when i was to moved in on the 2nd of november. the name of the agency is london lettings,283 high street, croydon surrey, cro 1Q4, teephone number XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX the worst thing is they have given the place to another tenant

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

all i want is my money back

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Please all I want is my money back
Tbanks.

They are probably saying that they are going to keep your deposit because you did not move in amounting to a breach of contact.

If thats right, then you will have to sue at the small claims court or complain to the scheme depending on whether it was ever protected. You didn't move in so there would not be obligation to do so but the small claims court is just as good.

If you are saying that you did not move in because the property was in a state of substantial disrepair then you do have a claim for the return of your money. It depends how bad the property was. A small variation would not be sufficient but if there was infestation then that is a good challenge.

You can issue against them here

www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello, Jo, since I started complaining the place
They call me in their office to terminate the contract but
I don't know why they are still keeping my money, the place was
In a deplorable state that I Couldn't move in
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The contract has been terminated but I don't know
Why they are still holding my money

Thats probably their account.