13262538

For the last 7 years I have been a stepmother to two children.

Customer Question

For the last 7 years I have been a stepmother to two children. Their mother lives in Ireland and although contact has been little there has been some. In August this year my husband died and his sister took the children. The whole family is abusive in many ways and social services were involved. With the help of police and social services their mother was able to take the children over to Ireland.

Last month she received a summons from high court to return in two days with the children. She was unable to do so there is now a warrant out for her arrest and the children put in foster care. On Monday the judge ruled that they should be returned to England and into temporary care of my husband sister.

She made a claim ex parle stating she has cares for the children for over a year and that they have had no contact with their mother for over 7 years and have no idea who she and her family are. All this is blatant lies which can be easily proved.

Question is how do we go about all this. I am in hiding from my in laws due to death threats and if my step childrens mother steps foot in England she will be arrested. While the children are with their aunt they are subjected to mental and possible physical abuse.

I am so worried for them and what them safely with their mum to have a fresh start
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children and would you be willing to have them in your care temporarily?
Have Social Services been notified of the latest development?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
They are 12 and 11. I am willing to have them but I don't think they will come to me they have been brain washed by the family and been told stuff about me that isn't true. My husband committed suicide and they holds responsible for it. Social services are aware of what's been happening as the children are on a child protection plan. They are looking into child care proceedings and having them put into care
Who does the plan say they should live with?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Social services said that they should love with their mum and that if they stayed within my husbands family they would start proceedings to place them in care but my sister in law has not told the court any of this. It was thrown out of the local court so she then went to high court and told them that she has cared for them for the last year when until August this year they was living with me my husband and out 3 children. My husband said of anything ever happened to him them he would want me to care for them but he never made a will
Where are the children now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
In Basingstoke with my husbands sister she was awarded temporary care on monday
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Basingstoke with my husband sister she was awarded temporary care on monday
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It said you've replied but I can't see anything
Are Social Services aware of this?
Is there a solicitor representing their mother?
Do you have copies of the Social Services paperwork?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Social services are aware the mother has a solicitor but as she couldn't get over for the court hearing there is now a warrant out for her arrest so she can't step foot in England. I have copies of the ss reports on me all 5 of our children were on the child protection plan due to my husband and his family but since his death our 3 have been taken off it just my 2 step children are on it
Did the solicitor nor represent her at the hearing?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No she was only given 2 days notice that she had to be in ireland they couldn't get there
So it was the Irish court which ordered her return?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No the high court in londkn
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry was meant to say 2 days notice to be in london
Does she have a Uk lawyer helping her or just an Irish one?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Irish one
The starting point is to ensure that the Court is made aware of the the actual circumstances under which the children went to live with their mother so that the Warrant can be lifted
An emergency hearing needs to be called for this - but her Solicitor should be able to arrange it within the next few days.
She could request that the children live with you while the Court investigates what is best for the children
In the mean time the Police can be asked to check that the children are safe and well
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details