75100385

Hi, I am a non EU national married to an EEA national. We got

Customer Question

Hi, I am a non EU national married to an EEA national. We got married in May 2011 and have a 8 month old son. My wife and I had an argument last Monday and she called the police, alleging I have assaulted her (false allegation)....Police did not find any evidence of her claim and dropped the case. Very next day of my arrest she sent my passport to home office to cancel my visa. I want to know what my options are and who do I need to contact first for my passport - Police or Home office? If home office have my passport will they return it to me?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : I assume you are still married though?
JACUSTOMER-b299ofen- :

Yes I am married. This all happened last Monday.

Alex Watts :

You should write to the UKBA. Your visa will remain the same.

Alex Watts :

But if your ex has sent your passport there then the via will not be cancelled and you should write today and ask for the return.

Alex Watts :

I would not guarantee on the UKBA just returning it to you - you should write today and send it 1st class.

Alex Watts :