12826847

Bailiffs have demanded money for parking offences which have

Customer Question

Bailiffs have demanded money for parking offences which have been sent to the wrong name, wrongly spelt.
How can I appeal against this?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

On what basis please?

Do you deny the offence?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They have spelt George with a b in the middle which is wrong.

I do not deny the parking offence.

I am really sorry but thats going to make no difference.

They can easily amend incorrect names on warrants anyway with an administrative application to the Tribunal but they do not need to here.

This is not an incorrect name. Its just a mispelling.

There is case law on what makes these things defective and it literally has to be such that you cannot understand it concerns you with reasonable efforts. There is no doubt this warrant is for you.

If you intent then you can seek a stay using the n244 forms but its a bad idea here as you will lose and have to pay the bailiffs costs.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What is a reasonable fee for a bailiff for a parking ticket?

It depends what has actually happened but total sums claimed range generally from beween £400 - £1200.

Commonly its about £500-£800.

But it does depend on what actions the bailiffs have taken.