29905560

my son pa[d cash for the new Playstation 4 on Saturday from

my son pa[d cash for the new Playstation 4 on Saturday from Game. he brought in home set it up it didn't work. it is faulty.
He took it straight back to Game they said because he paid by cash they can't give him his money back and they can't exchange as they have none left to exchange with.
They gave him a number to phone Sony.
I thought that as he bought it from the shop and not Sony it is them that should refund his money. Is this right?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

Does he have proof of purchase, like a receipt?

Customer:

Yes

Ben Jones :

You are entirely correct that his rights are against the shop, not Sony. It is irrelevant whether he paid by cash or another method.

As a consumer, who has made a purchase from a business seller, he will have certain rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (“SGA”) and the Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002 (“SGCR”).

When you purchase goods, whether they are new or second hand, your statutory rights say that you can expect them to be of satisfactory quality, as described and fit for their purpose. If they are not, you will have certain legal remedies against the retailer that sold you the goods (not against the manufacturer).

He can either reject the goods and get a refund, or as for a repair or replacement. If they cannot exchange it as they have no more stock and he does not want it repaired then he can simply reject it and ask to be refunded.

Customer:

Thankyou Ben,

Customer:

Thankyou Ben, I shall go and commense battle!

Ben Jones :

Exerting a bit of pressure on a big business like this usually does the trick

Customer:

I shall take a couple of friends for moral support though. Thankyou again

Ben Jones :

You are most welcome. Please take a second to leave a positive rating for the advice I have provided as that is an important part of our process. Thank you and all the best