13262538

My partner and I are currently living in his sisters house,

My partner and I are currently living in his sister's house, as he has been her main carer for several years. She has now been admitted to a home and her son, who has Enduring Power of Attorney, has decided to put the house on the market. Potentially, we might have to move out of the property in a couple of months if the property is sold.
Recently, we received a demand for payment of Council Tax, up until April 2014. Would we be liable to pay the Council Tax although we are neither owners nor tenants and, if there is a strong possibility we won't be living there within the next few months?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you.
Your liability for Council Tax will cease the day that you vacate the property if there is no formal tenancy agreement in place.
You will need to notify the Council as soon as you move out
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details