75100385

My neighbours fence if rickety but she has forbidden us to

My neighbours fence if rickety but she has forbidden us to mend our side stating she will undertake all repairs herself, we do not feel they have been done to a satisfactory level as the panel is still broken. (we have an obligation to keep our dog safe and in our own garden) . We want to place a new fence panel on our side attached to it`s own posts with a small gap between it and her fence (she has made it clear we are not to touch her fence) it is also 12 inches taller than the one there already. She has forbidden us to do this, can she dictate how high our fence panel can be in our own property?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

No - she can not stop you from putting a panel up on your own side, even if it is higher.

Alex Watts :

You panel can be up to 2 meters generally without planning permission.

Alex Watts :

But as long as you do not damage her fence then she can not stop you.

Alex Watts :

It is your land so you can do whatever you want on your side.

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Thank you for replying and answering our question.