hi, I just wanted to ask is, I have just reported an incident

Customer Question

hi, I just wanted to ask is, I have just reported an incident in the result of myself being a victim of fraud, reason being is I contacted a office in central london which apparently does websites, so to start things off I told them my idea then they said they would like myself to pay a deposit to get the ball rolling which was £125 after that they asked me for more money to get more things and program and domain name so they went on till I paid the full £500 till now I haven't heard anything and I I'm being completely ignored which has left me mentally destroyed, emotional distressed and I I'm financially stressed and the loses from my business, so I contacted the police and made a statement and now I have a crime number, just wanted to know what kind of help could I get and who can I contact and best advise so I can stop maybe others this has happened to thanks

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What kind of help are you seeking please? To do what?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would like to get my money back and I would like to sue them

If both you and they are UK based then its easy enough to sue. This is a small claims court sum and so its cheap and quick to sue. You can issue here

Unless they are prepared to offer a refund, your only option to recover the funds is to sue. There's really no way around it. If they will not comply with the law then suing is the only way to force them.

If they still don't comply then you can always ultimately send bailiffs in to recover goods to the value of the CCJ.

Its probably a good idea to write to them first giving them 14 days to repay you. Maybe it will work. Maybe not. It costs a stamp to send a letter before action though so its worth trying.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much for the information that you have given besides that yes we are both UK-based, how much roughly will the small claims for court be. Lastly how do I go about contacting a beer lifts company and how would I set this out

Its very cheap to do that. Probably about £35-£50.

You need to get a CCJ against them first which they fail to pay in time and then you apply to the court for court bailiffs to act.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much for your information, can you please send me a format of a letter which I can send or a template, so I can send it to the company thanks

You don't need to use a template. Its very simple.

Just write to them saying that you believe they owe x amount. If they don't pay within 14 days you will sue and seek costs and interest.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below the Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password XXXXX you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’