12826847

I am currently pursuing the Guarantor for damages and rent

I am currently pursuing the 'Guarantor' for damages and rent owing. Can I claim for labour costs for the 2 weeks it took me to clean up the property after tenant left? Guarantor says if we go to Small Claims Court she will ask the Judge to 'relinquish her of her responsibility as Guarantor'. Can she do this?
A. Perry

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

No, she can't. This is just the usual nonsense that people talk when they have a little knowledge. If she is the guarantor then she is liable. On the basis of her argument you could relinquish your responsibility to the mortgage company if they wanted to be paid and I think we probably both know how far that argument would get you.

You can claim for the actual cost of putting the house back into the position is was in at the time that you let it save for wear and tear.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Jo,

Could you just clarify 'actual cost'. Does MY labour count as actual cost, as one or two well meaning friends have said I can't charge for my labour!

If its your labour then you can't charge.

If you have to pay another to do the work then that is a loss and you have a claim.
Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’