i have just recieved

Customer Question

i have just recieved a bill for £449.18 from t-mobile. The phone contract address was changed by my business partner but she left my name on it. I did not give her the password XXXXX this and t-mobile did not inform me that the contract was still running and the address had changed to somewhere i had never lived? this was my then business partners address, she contacted t-mobile and offered to sort out the debt. i had not heard anything until this morning and believed that the contract was now either finished as i had not renewed it or it was now in her name and address. I have no contact information for her now and as far as i am concerned this bill is hers as she used the phone not me and told t-mobile this. This was about 4 years ago and now all of a sudden this has come through the post. any help regarding this matter would really be appreciated thank you.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

please read the description i have already sent thank you i am getting fed up with t-mobile now.

Yes, so how can I help with this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

well t-mobile have now given the debt to debt firm and the contract is in my name but at an address i never lived at my partner used my password XXXXX change the address but left in my name so how do i stand? what are my options?

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

I see you have opted the other expert out. Do you accept you owe the debt even if the address has been changed please?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no i do not accept the debt, how can i when t-mobile did not tell me the address had been changed and that jade was running up a bill to her own address but she was also paying t-mobile from her bank as she changed the account details over for that. i will agree to any debt that was in place while the contract was to my address not to somewhere i have never lived as far as i knew the contract was dead on my behalf and was now jades contract it was her phone she used it not me so why should i pay a bill for someone else?

Indeed. You should therefore write formally and complain. Do not send an email. This will be investigated under their corporate procedure.

If you are not satisfied with the response then you can complain about the Ombudsman. Their website is at:

They can deal with the matter for you. If the matter does not get resolved then you can refuse to pay and they can try and take you to Court. Given the amount it would be a small claim so even if you lost they could only claim Court costs from you.

But these are the steps you need to take.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have already been told all that by someone else and that i should have had to sign for it to have the address changed and not jade just using the password XXXXX she did not get from me but she was sat at the side of me when i signed the contract so she must have remembered it. so unfortunately you have not told me anything i didnt know already i was hoping you would have told me about some loop hole or something similar to solve this but alas that is not the case