Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor with more than 30 years experience
18726264

Hello, My fiancee, a Chinese national with a multi-entry visa

My fiancee, a Chinese national with a multi-entry visa for the UK, is coming to stay over the Christmas period. We would like to visit Paris for the day - will she require a separate visa? And, if so, can we get one quickly done in London when she arrives?
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 3 years ago.
Unless your fiancee has a Hong Kong chinese passport then she requires a visa to enter France. The UK is not part of the Schengen travel area so non EEA citizens require a visa.
I am afraid I do not think she can obtain one in the UK because it appears you need to be resident here to apply to the french consulate for a visa.

See here:http://www.ambafrance-uk.org/How-and-where-to-apply-for-a-visa

You can check with the consulate but I am afraid if she cannot get the visa before departure it may be too late.