Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor with more than 30 years experience
18726264

I have bought a car from the Hendy group only to find out it

I have bought a car from the Hendy group only to find out it had outstanding finance on it. Do I have any recall on garage as they have now cleared this finance 14monhts later
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 3 years ago.
If they have now cleared the finance then there is nothing further you can do because you have not suffered any loss ( other than annoyance and worry no doubt) but you would certainly have a claim agains them if it was not paid off - they would have failed to give you good title and you could sue of return of your money.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have tried to sell car,That is when we found out it had hp still on it. This Garage will now not deal with us as they thought we were lying when we said we had paid cash in full for car. The new car we really wanted we now cannot have. In all their paperwork garage boasts that have hpi checked their vehicles and you can buy with peace of mind. That has not been the case. Surely trading standards can do something

Well certainly you can complain to trading standards and also complain ot Hendy . If you have suffered loss as a result you could claim it form them. Can you not get Hendy to confirm you paid cash and it was there mistake?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thankyou for your reply have tried talking to hendy's but they are ignoring me, not answering messages. even though originally they said they would accept liability

You should put your complaint in writing to their head office if you have not already done so. Talking to the person responsible usually gets nowhere as they are usually trying to cover up.