29905560

Having been diagnosed with Charcot, a swelling of the foot

Customer Question

Having been diagnosed with Charcot, a swelling of the foot due to diabetes my hospital have advised me that as it is a swelling, not a break I will not be able to use Flight reference TK457A to Alicante and back (27th December, return 4th January). Can I transfer the flight into 2014, date as yet unknown? thank you john XXXXXXX

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

Have you contacted the airline about this?

JACUSTOMER-dr60b9q2- :

I was on Ryanair web site and tyour page came up in response to my question

Ben Jones :

ok let me get my response ready please

Ben Jones :

Every airline will have its own booking terms and conditions which would apply to all passengers that are booked to travel with them and will cover any changes to their travel plans. Some may allow free changes, other may charge a fee to do this, some may not allow any changes at all and it means if you wanted to change something with your booking you have to buy a brand new ticket and lose the one you purchased initially.

Looking at Ryanair's booking terms, they allow flight changes to be made, subject to a Flight Change Fee, charged in a per person/per flight basis and also vary with the season the flight is due to travel in. In addition to these fees, any price difference between the original fare paid and the lowest total price available at the time of the flight change is charged. If the fare/fees on the new flight is lower, no refund will be made.

Your flight dates fall within the High Season and as such will attract a Flight Change Fee of £40 or €40 (if you purchased the tickets online) or £60 or €60 (if you purchased the tickets at an airport or call centre).

To make the changes you can go to My Booking page on Ryanair's website and make the changes yourself 9as long as you have not yet checked in online), or you can alternatively contact Ryanair's Reservations Office on 0871(NNN) NNN-NNNN

I am afraid that the reasons for postponing your travel are irrelevant and the fees will still apply. It simply means that if you are covered for this under your insurance you could seek to recover some of these fees from them.

JACUSTOMER-dr60b9q2- :

I'm a bit confused as I had worked most of that out already. Why was I directed to your web page as i was asking Ryanair the question- I assumed it was part of their customer service

Ben Jones :

I cannot say why you ended up here - you must have followed a link somewhere, i do not have details of your steps before you came to our site

JACUSTOMER-dr60b9q2- :

As I said the page came up as I was on the Ryanair Questions page & I got redirected to the Answer uk.law page.As I have never claimed on cancelled flights before I though it was a standard redirection and part of the way they dealt with queries

Ben Jones :

No we are entirely separate from Ryanair but there may have been a sponsored link on their website, I can't say but it is a possibility that is how you ended up here

JACUSTOMER-dr60b9q2- :

I wouldn't have gone on your site deliberately as I think I am capable of following their procedures (indeed I have now clarified the problem with them)

Ben Jones :

yes I understand

Ben Jones :

I see you are trying to exit chat - has your original query been answered or do you need me to clarify anything before I close this at my end?

JACUSTOMER-dr60b9q2- :

No thanks I just feel I should never have been on here

Ben Jones :

ok I am afraid I gave no control over how you ended up here, I am just a user like you and answer queries from customers

JACUSTOMER-dr60b9q2- :

It is not your fault but the rating system gives me no option but to rate as poor as I don't need to pay for something I was in the process of finding out for myself. This is not a reflection on any advice but in the manner of my direction and the limitations of the process as there is no option to denote mistaken presence on your pages. I am also aware that by spending time in correspondence with you I am unnecessarily taking up your time and i should now like to leave the site

Ben Jones :

The rating is not for the site, how you ended up here, etc rather specifically for how I dealt with your query, which as far as I can see was in a prompt and courteous manner

JACUSTOMER-dr60b9q2- :

I am not disputing the manner in how the advice was given but that I didn't need it as this is available from the Ryanair system

Ben Jones :

ok I will close this chat now, thanks