29905560

I got suspended from work end of October on full pay. I havent

I got suspended from work end of October on full pay. I havent received any wages and have contacted my branch manager but all what she is saying is, 'she sent off the papers to the payroll office and she can not do anymore. The payroll office is saying they never received any papers. Its going in circles like that, and l am really desperate with my family.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. When were you supposed to be paid?

Customer:

End of Oct

Customer:

I was supposed to be paid my full pay yesterday

Ben Jones :

You are entitled to be paid your basic pay during any periods of suspension, unless your contract says otherwise. Assuming you are due to be paid, then the employer's failure to do so can amount to unlawful deduction of wages.

In order to try and resolve this, the employer should be contacted in writing, advised that this is being treated as unlawful deduction of wages and ask them to pay back the money within 7 days. Advise them that if they fail to pay the money that is owed, legal proceedings could follow.

Whether you actually proceed to take this to the employment tribunal for resolution is up to you decide, bearing in mind that there will still be a delay before your claim is heard and you have to pay tribunal fees. Hopefully simply mentioning this is something you are considering and giving them an ultimatum should resolve this.

Customer:

No one seems to be interested to get this solved, are they any legal advisors whom l can contact and possibly write on my behalf

Ben Jones :

You will have to pay for anyone to get involved in this and write to the employer, although Citizens advice could try and send something for you, they are free

Ben Jones :

I see you are trying to exit chat - has your original query been answered or do you need me to clarify anything before I close this at my end?

Customer:

Thank you for your answer, will write them a letter tomorrow.

Ben Jones :

You are most welcome. Best of luck with this

Customer:

Ben Jones :

I will close chat now, thanks