29905560

If I were to sell a tv, that is three months into a five year

If I were to sell a tv, that is three months into a five year guarantee,can this guarantee be passed to the purchaser,without loss of rights? Or does it become invalid?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Customer:

If I were to sell a tv, that is three months into a five year guarantee, can this guarantee be passed to the purchaser, without loss of rights. Or does it become invalid

Ben Jones :

The warranty is a contractual agreement between the original purchaser and the seller and as such when you sell the item you would not be able to automatically transfer the warranty as well, unless the seller agrees to it. This could be included as a clause in the warranty documentation - for example some warranties could prohibit any transfer, others could allow it for a nominal fee, and others could allow it anyway. You need to check the warranty documentation first. If there is nothing in there about this, you must contact the seller to ask them whether it is possible to transfer the warranty. Another option is that if you have not actually registered yourself as the original purchaser, you could simply let the buyer do this and provide them with the evidence of purchase, such as receipt - it would be very difficult for the seller to find out who actually bought the item to start with

Customer:

Thank you for this, is there any other information?

Ben Jones :

well that is it really it is a rather simple matter sp not sure what more I can add t the above, unless you have any follow up questions about it?

Ben Jones :

I see you are trying to exit chat - has your original query been answered or do you need me to clarify anything before I close this at my end?

Customer:

The query has been answered, thank you.

Ben Jones :

You are welcome, all the best