Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.
What is the value of the repair please?
I don't really know. If it was a cast iron replacement and had to be fully painted by hand and fitted then I assume £2-500 would have to cover it.
£200 - £500
No, although she did also refer to the 'rust' mentioned by the builders in one conversation.
Hi Alex, the position has become more complicated. Last year I understood that the builder had offered a plastic replacement instead of cast iron and I communicated to my neighbour that I would agree this as a compromise. Then 10 days ago I spoke directly with a representative of the builder who seemed to want to do a repair only. I explained that this was not acceptable and that I understood that this was all agreed before Christmas. Three days ago I received a message on my phone from the builders to say that 'they had decided to do the repair and you shouldn't have any more problems'. In other words they had accessed my property and done exactly what I told them not too. I contacted the neighbour who has said she will look into it, but no response yet. Does your previous advice stand or does this change things?
Please can you respond to 24th Jan update. Thanks.