12826847

Hi I purchased a desk top computer from pc world jan 2012,

Customer Question

Hi I purchased a desk top computer from pc world jan 2012, it has broken and been repaired three times and just broken again. took to my local store for refund on sunday. they say have to send away to be written off, before can give money back. I stated machine not fit for purpose they still would not budge. heard today machine in for repair, where do I stand with this as I don't see I should keep having repairs done when obviously machine not up to standard. also during one repair they sent my machine back with someone elses hard drive in. when questioned pc world could not say where my hard drive was. surely serious breach of data protection. should say all repairs are free as took out premier insurance with machine. I am disabled, so rely on computer for shopping and socialising.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

How much did you pay for the computer please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jo, I would appreciate any help, I paid £499.00 for the machine and I pay £20.00 per month for the premier insurance.

When did you first complain to them? Was it within six months?

Is it the same fault each time?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.