12826847

Is it against the law for a company to withhold a service when

Customer Question

Is it against the law for a company to withhold a service when you've offered. Payment and intend to pay? The service concerned is to repair a 1100 pound hi fi. The product was bbought 3 years ago and is not under guarantee anymore

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

I am very sorry for the delay overnight.

I don't think I can give you good news either. Your question is essential whether they can be forced to contract with you and the answer is that they cannot. Nobody can be forced to enter into a contract. If people want to lose business by refusing then thats a matter for them. Its not good business but some people are not good business people.

It would be different if there were guarantees in place as then they would be bound by contract.

I'm very sorry if this is bad news.