Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I have a "million pounds idea" ( I think ) and I would like

I have a "million pounds idea" ( I think ) and I would like to secure/copy rights/etc my idea and after that I want to get in touch with the head department of all air flights companies.
Can you please tell me how can I secure my idea and how can I get in touch with the air flight companies head department?
My email adress [email protected]
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

Is this an invention you have thought of or a business plan or something else please?

Joshua :

You refer to flight companies head department. Do you mean the CEOs of airlines please or something else?

Customer:

yes probably I could call it a " invention" . I will explain a little bit what is about : every time when I fly in a aircraft I am nervous/scared and my idea is basically a "plan B " in case the aircraft will crush .

Joshua :

Don't give your ideas away here - I do not need to know the detail and the fewer people you tell the better pottentially for now.

Joshua :

Just a basic idea will be fine without giving away your secrets

Customer:

ok so what are the steps you can recommend?

Joshua :

Just to be clear is the idea you have some form of machine or device or is it a procedure you propose? If the former do you have a prototype?

Customer:

is a procedure and also a custom made device

Joshua :

Thanks Do you have a prototype?

Customer:

not yet ,that's why I need to secure/copy right my idea first and after to do all what I need to do

Joshua :

Thanks. If your idea has not gone beyond the written idea stage yet you can copyright the idea. Copyright arises automatically but you can register and idea to ensure that you can prove you thought of it first using this service:

Joshua :

https://secure.copyrightservice.co.uk/register/reg_online

Joshua :

Once you have a prototype or a working design you can consider registering a patent for the device if you wish. Registering a patent can be technical if the device is technical but you can in principle do so yourself using the following link:

Joshua :

http://www.ipo.gov.uk/p-apply.htm

Joshua :

Copyright protects your idea and a patent allows you to protect the processes and methods behind what make the device function once you have a functioning device which prevents others copying the same.

Customer:

ok thanks.do you have a web link for the CEOs airlines ?

Joshua :

There are many websites that have links to airlines. Here is one:
http://www.airlineandairportlinks.com/

Joshua :

Each airline will have a link on their site to their corporate site which will contain contact details for their main offices. If you are disclosing your idea to the airlines in detail you may wish to ask them to sign a non disclosure agreement before you disclose details sufficient that they could simply take your idea and copy it without paying you.

Customer:

I mean the CEO who is actually doing the rules and regulations for all the airlines companies

Joshua :

Oh I see. This is in the UK?

Customer:

probably ,I dont know...

Joshua :

In the UK the civil aviation authority make the rules for airlines. They can be contacted here:

Joshua :

http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=288

Joshua :

Is there anything above I can clarify for you any further?

Customer:

No, is all good.Thanks very much for your advices

Joshua :

A great pleasure. Good luck with your idea. If you have no further questions for now I should be very grateful if you would kindly take a moment to rate my service to you today. Your feedback is important to me. If there is anything else I can help with though please reply back to me though.